Born 11th February 1965 in Finland. Director of Finnature Ltd - incoming tour agency specialized in wildlife watching and photography holidays. Professional Wildlife photographer since 1998. Chairman of Professional Wildlife photographers of Finland association (NF) since 2007. Member of the Wild Wonders of Europe team of photographers
Type of photography: I'm specialize in birds, but I photograph other wildlife also.
Favorite Camera and Lens: Nikon D3 + Nikkor 500 mm lens (f4)
Favorite Tripod set: Gitzo (GT3531LSV) + Gitzo head (G1380)
Activity: Professional wildlife photographer
- Glanzlichter 2009 (Germany) - Highly Commended in "Humorous Views of Nature" cat
- Glanzlichter 2008 (Germany) - Highly Commended in Mammals category
- Festival de l´oiseau et de la nature 2008 (France) - Second prize in birds category
- International Federation of Wildlife Photography 2007 - Third prize in IFWP in birds category
- International Federation of Wildlife Photography 2008 - Third prize in IFWP in birds category
- BBC´s Wildlife Photographer of the Year (WPY) 2003- Highly Commended in Animal Behaviour category
- BBC´s Wildlife Photographer of the Year (WPY) 2005- Highly Commended in Animal Portait category
- Nature´s Best Magazine 2005 - Highly commended
- Finnish Wildlife Photographer of the year 2007 - Highly Commended in birds cat
- Finnish Wildlife Photographer of the year 2006 - Highly Commended in birds cat
- Finnish Wildlife Photographer of the year 2005 - Highly Commended in birds cat
- IWP (UK) 2004 - International Wildbird Photographer of the Year
- IWP (UK) 2005 - Category winner in Portfolio and Composition & form categories
- Hundreds of published wildlife photographs in Finnish and international books, calendars and magazines Portfolios in BBC Widlife Magazine, Birdwatching and Birds Illustrated Magazines in UK
- "Birds in action" book in Finnish together with Birdphoto.fi team 2009
Product Testimonial: I have been using Gitzo tripods for many years without any problems. I love my new Gitzo (GT3531LSV) tripod. Especially new G-lock system of tripod legs is so much better than in my previous Gitzo (G1348 - discontinued) carbon fiber tripod.
My new Gitzo head (G1380) is actually much better than very expensive Wimberley head (which I also have). I much more prefer Gitzo head, since with that I can get much smoother movement with my 500 mm lens! Just perfect tension for flight shots etc.
I can strongly recommend Gitzo tripods and heads for all photographers who take their photography seriously!
Nikkor 500 mm (f4)
Nikkor 300 mm (f2.8)
Nikkor 70- 200 mm (f2.8)
Nikkor 24-70 mm (f2.8)
Nikon extenders 1.4 x and 1.7 x